Key Stage 3 English Anthology: Myths and Legends
Jane Sheldon, Harmeet Matharu
Inspire your teaching with Key Stage 3 English Anthology: Myths and Legends, a themed anthology designed to help you develop and implement a coherent curriculum that plans for progress during Year 7.
Featuring key extracts from myths such as The Odyssey and legends such as King Arthur, the Anthology guides students through each extract, encouraging them to engage with the text to gain a thorough understanding of the context and literary techniques underpinning each piece.
Each extract is supported by Teaching and Learning Resources, including quizzes, lesson plans and PowerPoint slides to help you implement the content of the book.
Each extract includes:
- A context panel to provide key information to set the scene of each myth
- Glossaries and annotations to help students work through each extract confidently
- Look closely: key questions for students to consider as they work through the extracts
- Now try this: writing and speaking activities to encourage students to get creative and actively engage with the text
- Fast finisher tasks to support students who race ahead
- A practice question to familiarise students with the command words they will see at GCSE